Your feelings are your own, and you’ve a right to them. They are the most real thing in the world to you, more present and influential than the sun in the sky or the heavy feel of food in your tummy (although, one cannot deny the effect of these things on one’s feelings.) We here at miafarradaily respect your right to feel however the hell you want to feel, whenever the hell you want to feel it. We would never force you to be happy when you weren’t, or be offended by something you could care less about. We will never tell you to ‘cheer up!’.
What we will do however, what you can count on, is this: Every Friday, we will give you a list of things to help you find joy. One or two suggestions for silliness, a couple of recommendations for revelry, a gentle push towards pleasure.
Here’s today’s Friday Fun.
1. This nostalgia filled tribute to the glorious, uncomplicated music of Bad Boy. Complete with a classic pratfall by Diddy, and the debut of Lil Kim’s new face, this is 10 minutes of happy.
2. This review of the new Magic Mike movie by Bad Feminist herself, Roxane Gay. A word to the wise, don’t read this at work. Or in public. IT IS NSFW in the best way.
The guys start feeling the Molly and then, bless his heart, Magic Mike has an idea. He’s like, guys, let’s make up some new routines and stuff. He is so earnest that I wanted to hug every part of him, with my mouth. Big Dick Richie is all nervous about this because he has his fireman routine.
Hey, let’s take a moment to appreciate that.
3. This song which, I’m pleased to announce, is my Official Summer Jam of 2015. It’s called Lean on by Major Lazer and DJ Snake. There are a bajillion remixes, so, like the perfect recipe for Pimms, go out there and find your own.
4. This great photo, in honour of gay marriage being made legal in the USA. #LoveWins
5. This “niche lol” piece from our own humble files– Tennyson reading his poetry to a selfie-obsessed millennial.
Death waits at the door.
(Mate, look, if you didn’t want me to upload that selfie you could have just said so. I mean, I thought you looked okay in it and I, personally, feel that I looked better than I’ve ever looked because I’ve finally gotten to the sweet side of gaunt where I have angular collarbones but I don’t actually look angular…. but it’s fine I guess, it’s really not that big a deal. I’ll take it down.)
See! our friends are all forsaking
The wine and the merrymaking.
(Oh, they’re just doing a juice cleanse! I told you about that, but you were like “that which we are, we are” so I figured you didn’t want to get involved. They’ll be done in 24 days, then it’s back to #summertimemadness , amIrite? )
We are call’d–we must go.
Laid low, very low,
In the dark we must lie.
(Ooo-kay. Look, we’ve been friends for years now, and I get this is clearly a bad day for you and I’ll see what filters I can use on that selfie, but why are we lying under a bush and WHY DID YOU PUT MY PHONE ON AIRPLANE MODE? Not cool, Alfred.)
The merry glees are still;
The voice of the bird
Shall no more be heard,
Nor the wind on the hill.
(I told you already- they’re just mid- juice cleanse. See? Anna has already set up a Facebook party for her post-juice body reveal and JJ says his Twitter hiatus will be over in a week. )
(Jesus- are you crying?)
5. Finally, this incredibly useful photo that finally explains what all the crazy lights on your dashboard are trying to tell you. THANK ME LATER.
GO FORTH AND FROLIC.